Children deserve to live in a safe home.
Foster Parenting is……
- An opportunity… to make a difference in a child’s life
- Caring for a child… who has been abused/neglected until his/her parent(s) can resume the responsibility, or a permanent home can be found.
- A commitment… to help children and their families through a difficult period. A foster parent must be able to provide love and guidance and then let go.
- Learning and developing… The parenting skills needed to meet the unique needs of each child.
- Foster parenting is about… changing lives one child at a time. It is about believing and investing in the future. Children need role models. Children need caring adults who can give them a safe and secure home that will shelter them from the trauma and distress of their young lives.
One hundred years from now,
it will not matter what kind of car I drove,
how much money I had in the bank,
nor what my clothes looked like.
But the world may be a little better,
if I was important in the life of a child.